Funding is available to support student membership and participation in University wide sports and teams.
The 2023-24 application form will be available to download from this webpage in December 2023.
About the Sports and Wellbeing Fund
The Sports and Wellbeing Fund was established in 2019 through the generous support of an alumni member. Its purpose is:
- To support the activities of Somerville students across a wide variety of sports
- To promote physical activity
- To develop and support the wellbeing of the College community.
Enrolled students can apply for this funding to support membership and participation in University wide sports and teams. Students who are on suspension, report or probation, visiting students and associate students are not eligible. It is not possible to use the fund to support membership and participation in sports and teams outside the University.
Up to £150 over the length of the course. There is limited funding available so it is not always possible to make awards at the level advertised.
- The 2023-24 application form will be available to download from this webpage in December 2023.
- Students should complete the application form and email it to the Scholarships and Funding Officer by 12 noon on Monday 22nd January 2024. Students should also include any evidence of estimated or actual costs.
- Undergraduates should be aware that their Personal Tutor might be asked to comment on the application.
Decisions will be made by Somerville College Travel and Special Project Grants Committee.
Successful applicants will be expected to submit a brief report outlining how they have used the award.
If you have any queries, please email the Scholarships and Funding Officer.