The Sports and Wellbeing Fund was established in 2019 through the generous support of an alumni member.
Its purpose is:
- To support the activities of Somerville students across a wide variety of sports
- To promote physical activity
- To develop and support the wellbeing of the college community.
Students can apply for funding to support their membership and participation in University wide sports and teams.
Enrolled undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for this funding. Please note that the following students are not eligible:
- Students who are on suspension
- Visiting students
- Associate students
- Students who are on report or probation
Up to £250. Priority will be given to applicants who have not received previous awards.
Applications are accepted three times a year. Applications will close at 12 noon on Monday 18th October 2021 (2nd week).
Students should complete the online application form and upload any evidence of estimated or actual costs. Undergraduates should note that their Personal Tutor might be asked to comment on the application.
There are three application deadlines:
- Michaelmas Term: 12 noon on Monday 18th October 2021 (2nd week)
- Hilary Term: 12 noon on Monday 24th January 2022 (2nd week)
- Trinity Term: 12 noon on Monday 11th April 2022 (minus 1st week)
Decisions are made by the Somerville College Travel and Special Project Grants Committee.
Successful applicants will be expected to submit a brief report outlining how they put the money to use.
If you have any queries, please email the Scholarships and Funding Officer.