Below are a series of forms that must be returned prior to your arrival. Please read each one and return it to the email address provided by the specified date.
Essential forms to be completed by Friday 1 September 2023
Please send all forms in separate emails to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should follow the following format: Surname, First Name – e.g. Card Form (Undergraduate)
1. The University Card form should be printed out, completed and signed by hand, then scanned. The scanned document should be saved as a single file under “Surname, First Name – University Card”. Email the file with a passport-style photograph of yourself in .jpg format.
2. The College Contract should be printed out, completed and signed by hand, then scanned. Please save the document as ‘Surname, First Name – Undergraduate Contract‘.
3. The Licence to Occupy should be printed out, completed and signed by hand, then scanned. Please save the document as “Surname, First Name – Licence to Occupy”.
To scan forms using an app on your phone please find instructions here.
We will acknowledge these forms once we have processed them and will notify you of any problems.
Forms and training need to be completed once you have received your Oxford Single Sign On (SSO)
- EPOS: Somerville College’s web-based payments system (EPOS) which enables you to pay for your college battels. You can use this system at any time of the day or night. You will need to set it as soon as you receive your Oxford Single Sign On (SSO).
(12.09 update: there is currently an issue which is stopping access to EPOS. We are aware of this and working on it. Please keep checking on the site for when it is resolved).
2. Consent Matters: Once you have received your Oxford Single Sign On (SSO), please follow the instructions for the compulsory consent training for all University of Oxford students:
Please forward your certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial forms to complete before your arrival
Your bank account details: During your time at Somerville, we may need to make payments to you via your UK bank account. This could include payments for scholarships and prizes, awards for travel, projects, internships and personal development, grants for course materials and equipment, awards for music, sport and language.
To enable us to make these payments, please submit your UK bank account details by completing this form:
Please note the following: This MUST be a UK bank account registered to the student and not a parent or guardian.
Consent to share financial information: Due to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), our Treasury officers are unable to discuss student financial affairs with anyone other than the student themselves unless the student has given us permission to do so. For many parents or other financial sponsors this can be frustrating as they are not able to liaise with college staff about paying fees. Please complete and submit this form no later than Friday 6 October 2023.
***Information submitted via this form will be kept in a secure location in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, and destroyed according to the University’s ‘Guidelines on the retention of student data and records’.***
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.
The Friends of Somerville
The Friends of Somerville has been established to enable parents, guardians, and other family members of Somerville students to feel more involved with life at the College. It is free to join and those who do so will receive copies of our publications and invitations to various events.
Somerville College Music Society
The Somerville College Music Society provides each student, regardless of age, course or musical experience, the opportunity to engage in a wide variety of music making around the college. To find out more and join the society, please click on the form below:
Please note; to be considered for the Somerville College Choir, you will need to return the above form by noon on Friday 15 September 2023.
Once we have received your University card form, we will send this to the University Card Office to process. The University card processing can take a few weeks, and you will then receive an email from Central IT Services containing your Single Sign On (SSO) account details. Please check your junk mail folder for this. Follow the steps within the email to register your SSO. Once you have done this you will be sent another email to register online using the Student Self Service. It is important that these steps are completed before your arrival in Oxford, but please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any problems or you have any queries.