On this page, you can request to book Park 05 for a student society lecture.
Before you complete the form below, please read the fire safety information carefully.
Fire Safety Information for Events in Park 05
As part of the conditions of the use of this venue the host of the event has a responsibility to ensure that persons present are aware of the fire safety procedures within Somerville College taking into account any attendee with a disability that could affect their ability to evacuate promptly.
As part of good housekeeping practice you should make the attendees/delegates aware of the following key points prior to commencing with the event or activities;
- Signing of the attendance register of persons present for roll call.
- Location of available fire exits from the building.
- Route to the fire assembly point.
- On the sounding of the fire alarm the room will be immediately evacuated leaving all personal belongings.
- Location of the College fire assembly point relevant to that particular building.
- Identity of person to report to at the assembly point, this should be yourself as host
On evacuation of the building the host will take a roll call of persons present at the event against the register completed with any missing persons identified & their names communicated promptly to the head Fire Marshall at the assembly point.