In June 2021, Somerville hosted a climate change symposium online, The Climate Change Emergency: Can Somerville Make a Difference.
There were 2 sessions broadly covering the science of climate change (session 1) and the policy response (session 2).
• Professor Joanna Haigh, Emeritus Professor of atmospheric physics at Imperial College London
• Dr Michelle Jackson, Associate Professor of Freshwater/Marine Ecology Department of Zoology; tutorial fellow Somerville
• Dr Radhika Khosla, Research Director, Oxford India Centre; Associate Professor Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment
• Professor Camilla Toulmin, Professor in Practice Lancaster Environment Centre
• Dr Farhana Yamin, Environmental lawyer and activist
• Julie Baddeley, Chair and Founder of Chapter Zero
• Clare Hatcher, Consultant, Clyde&Co LLP
• Dr Niels Kroner, Co-founder and Director Green Hedge