Student Welfare Advisor
Hello, I’m Tamsin and it is my pleasure to serve as an On-Call Student Welfare Advisor at Somerville College. I’m from Ireland and currently reading for a DPhil in Social Policy and Intervention. I care deeply about improving young people’s mental health, so much so that this is the focus of my research. In my spare time, I row with Wolfson College Boat Club and train with Linacre Ladies that Lift. I also enjoy walks in the countryside and exploring Oxford’s beautiful libraries.
Studying at Oxford can be wonderful but also very challenging. If you have any questions, welfare concerns (big or small) or would simply like a friendly face to chat to, please get in touch. The On-Call Student Welfare Advisors are here to support you throughout your time at Somerville College and I would be delighted to hear from you.
Student Welfare Advisors are available to support students in crisis overnight and at weekends. We provide a listening, support and signposting service. We can listen, provide guidance and support if you’re experiencing difficulties such as personal problems, poor mental health, or other welfare/wellbeing matters.
I have undertaken the following training for my role as Student Welfare Advisor:
- Junior Deans Training offered by the University Counselling Service
- Health and Safety Training – Somerville Lodge Porters
- Fire Evacuation Training – Somerville Lodge Porters
- Welfare Policy and Procedures – Student Welfare Lead
- College Rules and Procedures – Decanal Officer
- Supporting Refugee Students – We Belong