Caroline Series CBE
Caroline Series (1969, Mathematics) is a distinguished mathematician working in hyperbolic geometry, Kleinian groups and Dynamical systems.
After studying at Somerville in 1969, Professor Series held posts in Berkeley and Newnham College, Cambridge before arriving at the University of Warwick in 1978. In 1987 she became Reader in Mathematics at Warwick and, in 1992, Professor. In 2017, she became the third woman in its history to serve as president of the London Mathematical Society. In 2023, she was awarded a CBE in the King’s first list of Birthday Honours.
- Convergence of spherical averages for actions of Fuchsian Groups, Comment. Math. Helv. 98 2023
- An ergodic theorem for the action of a Fuchsian group (Russian), Uspekhi Math. Nauk Vol 78, 2023
- A symmetric Markov coding & the ergodic theorem for actions of Fuchsian Groups, 2020
- Primitive stability and the Bowditch conditions revisited, ArXiv June 2020
- The diagonal slice of Schottky space, Algebraic & Geometric Topology, Vol.17, 2017
- Limits of limit sets II: Geometrically Infinite Groups, Geometry & Topology V. 21, 2017