This scholarship has been created to support students from marginalised communities and underrepresented backgrounds.
Candidates must be ordinarily resident in India and identify with one or more of the following categories
- Dalit, Bahujan and Adivasi (SC/ST/OBC)
- First generation learners
The following full-time courses are eligible:
- MSc in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management
- MSc in Economics for Development
- MSc in Energy Systems
- MSc in Environmental Change and Management
- MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc in Global Health Science and Epidemiology
- MSc in Modern South Asian Studies
- MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc in Sustainability, Enterprise and the Environment
- MSc in Water Science, Policy and Management
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, relevance of studies to the Centre’s interdisciplinary aims, understanding of the development challenges faced by India, and leadership and entrepreneurial potential. Financial need will also be taken into account.
The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the duration of fee liability for the course.
Number of awards
One scholarship is available for 2024 entry.
This scholarship is only tenable at Somerville. All eligible candidates who have applied for graduate study by the relevant funding deadline will be considered, regardless of which college preference is included in the graduate application. Successful candidates will be transferred to Somerville in order to take up the scholarship. Shortlisting and interviews will take place in April 2024.
All candidates who meet the residency criteria and have applied for one of the eligible courses will be emailed at the end of February 2024. They will be invited to complete a short online form to confirm they would like to be considered for the scholarship and that their studies are relevant to the OICSD.
If you have any queries, please email the Scholarships and Funding Officer.