This scholarship has been created to support students from marginalised communities and underrepresented backgrounds.
Please note that the scholarship has now been awarded for 2023 entry. Unfortunately, it is not possible to notify unsuccessful candidates.
Applicants must be ordinarily resident in India and identify with one or more of the following categories
- Dalit, Bahujan and Adivasi (SC/ST/OBC)
- First generation learners
The following courses are eligible:
- MSc Biodiversity Conservation and Management
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Modern South Asian Studies
- MSc Nature, Society and Environmental Governance
- MSc Water Science, Policy and Management
- MSc Energy Systems
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, relevance of studies to the Centre’s interdisciplinary aims, understanding of the development challenges faced by India, and leadership and entrepreneurial potential. Financial need will also be taken into account.
The scholarship covers course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the duration of fee liability for the course.
Number of awards
One scholarship is available for 2023 entry.
This scholarship is only tenable at Somerville. All eligible candidates who have applied for graduate study by the relevant funding deadline will be considered, regardless of which college preference is included in the graduate application. Successful candidates will be transferred to Somerville in order to take up the scholarship.
If you have any queries, please email the Scholarships and Funding Officer.