Somerville College Oxford
Saturday 5 March 2022
Covid – A Catalyst for Change?
Booking for this event has now closed. Please email email@example.com if you have any queries.
- From 10.00am: Coffee and registration in the Margaret Thatcher Centre
- 10.30 Welcome by Dr Dame June Raine (1971), Chair of the Somerville Medics.
- Professor Daniel Anthony : Medicine at Somerville during the last two years and looking to the future. The various roles played by Somervillians
- 10. 50 Professor Wizia Wedzicha (1972): The Impact of COVID-19 on patients with COPD
- 11.20 Dr Helen Ashdown : Biomarkers to Better Care: Refining the Management of Airways Disease in Primary Care.
- 11.50 Undergraduate presentations to be chaired by Dr Natasha Robinson (1972). These are their Final Honour School Research Project vivas, describing the laboratory projects (8-14 weeks long) undertaken as part of their FHS year. A Prize for ‘Potential for Scientific Progress’ will be awarded.
- 12.30pm Reception with Somerville Association
- 1.00 luncheon in Hall
In Flora Anderson Hall:
- 2.15 AGM of the Somerville Association chaired by Baroness Alison Wolf
- 2.30 Guest speakers : Dr Dame June Raine (1971), Chief Executive of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) (1971) and Dame Kate Bingham (Christ Church, 1983), Managing Partner, SV Health Investors LLP to be chaired by Dr Nermeen Varawalla (1989), CMO, Relief Therapeutics.
- Dame Kate Bingham, From wartime to peacetime – lessons learnt from the Vaccine Task Force.
- Dr Dame June Raine, From watchdog to enabler – regulation in Covid and after
- 4.00 Tea
The Somerville Medics AGM Agenda can be found, here.