Event Start Date: 14 September 2022
1972 FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY REUNION
14-15 September 2022
Wednesday 14 September
- From 11.00am: Coffee in the Mary Somerville room (old JCR)
- 11.45: Tours of the College (if possible guided by current students)
- 12.30pm: Reception
- 1.00– 2.00pm: Buffet lunch in Hall/Reading Room
In Brittain-Williams Room (Bottom Floor, Wolfson Building)
- 2.30pm -3.30pm: A two-part informal, spontaneous discussion ‘Somerville and After’ to be chaired by Nicky Britten and Kay Brock.
- 3.30-4.00pm: Tea
- 4.00-5.00pm: Discussion continued. Followed by free time.
- 7.00pm: Drinks Reception in Mary Somerville Room
- 7.30pm: Photograph in Hall (prompt attendance to ensure inclusion in photo, please)
- 7.45pm: Gala Dinner in Hall – It would be fun to dress up , if you would like to do so.
- Afterwards drinks/coffee, dessert in Mary Somerville Room
Thursday 15 September
- 8.00 – 9.30am Breakfast in Hall
In Flora Anderson Hall (Wolfson Building):
- 10.00 – 11.15 am: Question & Answer Session with the Principal, Treasurer, Senior Tutor, Development Director & an Academic Fellow
- 11.15: Coffee
- 11.30 -12.30 pm: Short talks (followed by questions) from four 1972 alumnae (tbc)
- 12.30pm: Reception before luncheon in Brittain Williams room
- 1.00pm: Lunch in Hall; guests welcome.
Throughout the reunion, there will be displays of publications and of memorabilia in the Flora Anderson Hall. You are also welcome to visit the Library.