We process your personal data for our legitimate business purposes, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating with you about the college and/or college activities
- Alumni relations and Development activities including fundraising
- Monitoring IT and telecommunications systems to maintain the integrity of the systems and prevent misuse
- Providing technical support
- Notifying you about updates to our processes and services
- Using CCTV monitoring at the College to help provide safety and security and to assist in the prevention of unlawful activity.
Wherever we process your personal data for these purposes, we ensure that your interests, rights and freedoms are carefully considered.
Contractual necessity. We use your personal data for the following purposes on the basis that it is necessary for us to provide our services to you:
- to identify you
- to respond to your enquiry if you contact us
- to provide pre-contractual information about the College
- to study at the College
- to hold a conference or an event
Compliance with a legal obligation
We may use your personal data in order to comply with certain laws and legal obligations. For instance: reclamation of Gift Aid on any donations; statutory returns to the Office for Students (OfS), the Charity Commission or ICO; participation in the HESA Graduate Outcomes Survey; responses to the Charity Commission or ICO in relation to audits or official investigations; responses to FOI Requests, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
We use this basis where we process personal data in the public interest or in the exercise of our official authority as an educational foundation. This covers public functions and powers that are set out in law or performance of a specific task in the public interest as set out in law.
Usually, we do not use consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data; but sometimes we may have to get your consent to use your personal data, such as when we collect and use sensitive information about you or when we want to contact you via email or letter for fundraising purposes. Where we process your personal data on this basis, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
We may also use your personal information, typically in an emergency, where this is necessary to protect your vital interests, or someone else’s vital interests.