2017 graduate registration
Please read the following information about the registration process. There is more information on the University website (www.ox.ac.uk/students/new).
The University requires all students to register online at the start of each academic year. Registration opens on 1st September 2017 and closes on 13th October 2017. If possible, please register online before you arrive in Oxford. If you are not able to register in advance of arriving in Oxford, you will be able to do so once you are here. The registration process is a chance for you to check that the University holds the correct personal information about you and to make any amendments. You will register using an online system called Student Self Service. A detailed guide to using Student Self Service is on the University website (www.ox.ac.uk/students/registration).
In order to log into Student Self Service, you will need an Oxford Single Sign On (SSO) account. You will receive your SSO account details once you have completed and returned the University card form and it has been processed. The department will send you this form after your offer becomes unconditional. As well as generating your username and password, your University card will also give you access to college and department buildings.
Once you have arrived in Oxford, you will need to come to the Academic Office in House 5 to complete the registration process and collect your University card. Please bring your passport with you. We will be open for new student registration on the following dates:
- Monday 18th September to Friday 22nd September between 10.00 and 12.00, and between 14.00 and 16.00 each day
- Monday 25th September to Friday 29th September between 10.00 and 12.00, and between 14.00 and 16.00 each day
- Monday 2nd October between 10.00 and 12.00, and between 14.00 and 16.00
Please note that we will not be able to register any graduates on Tuesday 3rd October. This is because all the new undergraduates will be arriving on this date.
If you are unable to come to the office during those hours, please email email@example.com to arrange an alternative time. If you have a visa, please bring your passport and Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) so we can take scanned copies. Please note that we cannot register you until you have collected your BRP.
Summary of registration process
Before you can be registered as a student, you must take the following steps:
- Meet the conditions of your offer (academic and financial)
- Receive the University card form from your department
- Return your completed University card form to the University Offices
- Receive your Single Sign On account details by email
- Register online using Student Self Service
- Collect your BRP if applicable
- Register in person at Somerville