Professor The Lord Patel of Bradford OBE
Professor The Lord Patel of Bradford OBE has extensive experience working at the highest levels, including government, on national and international developments in a wide range of policy areas impacting on education, health and social care, crime, community cohesion, extremism and equality and human rights. He has contributed to policy development and service delivery and brokered developments between UK statutory, voluntary and business organisations with other countries including India, the Middle East and Europe, to realise real benefits for local institutions and communities.
Lord Patel has undertaken a number of major organisational reviews for a range of national and international organisations including for and on behalf of Government.
His contribution to Government policies, include in 2005 being the architect of the Government’s largest mental health programme – Delivering Race Equality in Mental Health Care and in 2010, The Patel Review onto drug treatment in prisons. Over the years he has been appointed to a number of national boards and committees; currently he is
- Chairman: Social Work England
- President: Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH)
- Vice President: British Board of Film Classification (BBFC)
- Senior Board Director: England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
- Chairman: Breaking Barriers Innovations
- Chairman: India Business Group
- Chairman: Community Innovations Enterprise
- Professor & External Advisor: Queen Mary University of London
- Professional Fellow Mental Health – Institute of Mental Health
- Life Peer – House of Lords
- Chairman/Patron/member of over 30 not-for-profit organisations across England.