Student Welfare Advisor
Hi! My name is Jisoo, and I am a DPhil student at the Department of Education. I was a teacher before coming to Oxford and now I am studying how spatial reasoning relates to arithmetic word problem solving in young children. In addition to being a Junior Dean at Somerville College, I teach on the PGCE Mathematics Programme, and I am also the president of the Oxford Korean Academic Society. In my free time, I like to travel, browse thrift stores, go to the gym and watch Netflix. My goal for the next two years is to learn Spanish. Feel free to reach out if you think I may support you in any way!
Student Welfare Advisors are available to support students in crisis overnight and at weekends. We provide a listening, support and signposting service. We can listen, provide guidance and support if you’re experiencing difficulties such as personal problems, poor mental health, or other welfare/wellbeing matters.
I have undertaken the following training for my role as Student Welfare Advisor:
- Junior Deans Training offered by the University Counselling Service
- Health and Safety Training – Somerville Lodge Porters
- Fire Evacuation Training – Somerville Lodge Porters
- Welfare Policy and Procedures – Student Welfare Lead
- College Rules and Procedures – Decanal Officer
- Supporting Refugee Students – We Belong