Hi, my name is Amine. I’m originally from Solingen, Germany, which means I get very excited whenever I meet someone who uses Zwilling kitchenware or when a new bakery opens in Oxford. I am a doctoral student in Computer Science. My research interests are in statistical and causal learning methods for healthcare. I try to understand how we can extract causal relations from observational data to support clinical decision making.
In my free time, you can find me learning Korean, running in Oxford, cycling near Oxfordshire, and reading a lot about cultures and societies around the world. I am happy to chat over a coffee with oat milk.
I have undertaken the following training for my role as Junior Dean:
- First Aid Training offer by St John’s Ambulance
- Junior Deans Training offered by the University Counselling Service
- Sexual Violence Awareness and Disclosures offered by the Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre
- Health and Safety Training – Somerville Lodge Porters
- Defibrillator Training – Somerville Lodge Porters
- Fire Evacuation Training – Somerville Lodge Porters
- Data Protection and Security Awareness Training – Information Services
- Welfare Policy and Procedures – Student Welfare Lead
- College Rules and Procedures – Decanal Officer