Commonly known as Margery Fry, the building is the centre of the graduate community, and is a smaller version (with bigger rooms) of the undergraduate building, Vaughan.
It has 24 graduate rooms, and also incudes the Middle Common Room (MCR). The building is named after Margery Fry, Principal 1927-30 and Elizabeth Nuffield, the wife of Lord Nuffield who provided the funds to enable the completion of the building.
Located within College grounds
Number of floors
Four floors with accommodation over three floors
Number of bedrooms
24 single rooms with eight on each floor
Number of bathrooms
One bathroom and five shower rooms
Number of kitchens
Three kitchens with one on each floor
Facilities in bedrooms
- Enclosed washbasin with hot and cold running water
- Magnolia-coloured walls
- Coloured curtains
- Fitted carpet
- Adequate cupboard space
- 3ft wide bed
- Easy chair
- Desk chair
- Desk with reasonable book space
- Central lighting
- Desk lamp
- Two pillows
- Pillow protectors
- Mattress protector
Facilities in kitchens
- Electric cooker
- Individual storage cabinets
- Limited supply of crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils
£18.58 per night. Residence charges cover light, hot water, background heating, and cooking facilities.
2016/17 rental periods
- Graduates on standard courses: 30 September 2016 to 23 June 2017
- Graduates on MBA course: 17 September 2016 to 11 September 2017
- Graduates on MPP course: 17 September 2016 to 3 September 2017
- Graduates on Clinical Medicine course: 3 September 2016 to 17 June 2017
Each room has a number of 13-amp twin sockets. The local voltage is 230/240v A.C.
All rooms have background heating at a minimum temperature of 70°F/21°C, when the central heating is on in College (1st October – 30th April)
Sheets, duvet covers, pillowcases and towels are not provided. There are mobile telephone masts on the roof of the building. The level of radiation is low and the operators are required to maintain the appliances in accordance with the guidelines of the International Commission for Non-Ionising Radiation Protection.